RHI Magnesita is the global leader in refractories having turnover of around €3,081.4 million and having 35 main production sites and shipping to 100 plus countries worldwide.
We introduce RHI MAGNESITA Acidic ramming mass based on quartzite silica with varying percentage of Boron Oxide, high quality Magnesite base ramming mass for steel and alloy steel casting foundries. We have world class quality high Alumina Magnesite base neutral ramming masses for every class foundries. We also have a range of Castables with varying percentage of Alumina from low value to high value against common available Castables and giving higher strength, longer ladle life and a lot of savings in energy and maintenance cost. Our coil coatings are considered the best in the world.
Our refractory technology allows us to deliver high-quality caps ISOs like nozzles and stoppers for Tundish applications and slide gates and plugs (porous and directional) for ladle applications. We have technology to offer both monolithic and pressed based products.
Special products for Steel and SG Iron castings manufacturers to solve their problem of slag or metal sticking by using Clean Surface products and provide assistance in preventing the adherence or sticking of slag-metal, liquid metal on the surfaces and components.
RHI MAGNESITA DIFFERENTIALS:
- Global presence and customized services and solutions: the key to a unique delivery and market & process-oriented package for our customers worldwide.
- Research and Development is in charge of the development of new products and technical marketing, constantly monitoring refractory lining performance, improving projects, introducing new solutions, increasing performance and working on cost reduction.
- Worldwide technology leader in the flow control sector looking back on more than 40 years of experience.
- We provide our clients with process-integrated flow control solutions for optimum casting performance and maximum value in use
For the different types of Induction Furnaces, our portfolio includes customized solutions for Melting and Processing of all kinds of Cast Iron, SG Iron, Low/Medium/High Carbon Steels, Low and High alloyed alongwith Copper and its alloys as well as Aluminum.
RHI Magnesita offers whole range of Dry Ramming Masses (Silica Ramming Mass with varying percentage of Boron Oxide, Basic Ramming Mass, High Quality Neutral Ramming Mass), Plastics, Semi-Plastic Ramming materials, Bricks (based of Magnesia or Alumina) and Concretes according to various areas of the furnace.
RHI Magnesita offers tailor-made customer solutions with the widest range of shaped and unshaped products for ladle lining.
- We deliver fired and carbon-bonded dolomite, fired magnesia and magnesia carbon, fired alumina and alumina carbon and alumina-magnesia bricks. Monolithic lining concepts and a combination with bricks, individually agreed service packages and all types of maintenance mixes and mortars for each application are available.
- In the Flow Control sector RHI Magnesita is the worldwide technology leader. In addition to ceramic components, mechanical parts and engineering, we offer extensive services and developments with the objective to provide our customers with process-oriented system solutions.
- Tundish Products:
In addition to its initial purpose, i.e. ensuring a controlled distribution of steel in continuous casting, the tundish also plays an important role in separating nonmetallic inclusions by optimizing the steel flow and balancing the temperature, and prevents the steel from re-oxidation. It contributes to the efficiency of the plant and the quality of the steel produced.
Considering all the above-mentioned aspects, the significance of the tundish as a “metallurgical vessel” is increasing. To achieve the best possible utilization by the customer, RHI Magnesita is the only refractory manufacturer to offer high-performance complete solutions for the tundish and enables optimized and efficient tundish management through unique and innovative lining concepts.
- Slide Gates:
RHI Magnesita provides various slide gates for continuous casting or ingot casting and tundish slide gates with optimized refractory lining concepts. Long-standing experience is the base of highest possible quality, superb service and maximum operational safety.
Our slide gate products with their geometrical characteristics and tailor-made grade concepts have a decisive influence on the performance of a slide gate. The innovative materials and technology of RHI Magnesita contribute significantly to the enhancement of the steel grade and operational safety of the slide gate system.
- Unique material concepts
- Innovative designs
- Outstanding product performance
- Process know-how
- Metallurgical consultancy
- Steel quality optimization & process efficiency
- Ladle-to-mold expertise
- Project engineering
- Installation services & training
- Advanced mechanics
- Process control & safety
- Isostatically Pressed Products:
RHI Magnesita is a leading manufacturer and supplier of high-quality isostatic products used for flow control and protection of molten steel against re-oxidation during continuous casting of steel. The main function of our ISO products (LS, SEN, NC, MT, RB) in continuous casting is the safe and controlled transfer of the liquid steel from the ladle to the mold via the tundish.
In doing so the products must:
- Protect the liquid steel against reoxidation and nitrogen pick-up
- Ensure optimum flow patterns in the mould
- Be resistant to thermal shock
- Resist corrosion due to aggressive steel grades, tundish cover powder and mould flux
- Resist mechanical stress due to contact with refractories or abrasion due to high steel turbulence
- AOD Converters:
RHI Magnesita provides various products for AOD converters: dolomite, dolomite-zirconia, magnesia-dolomite and magnesia-chromite direct bonded and rebonded. Our products guarantee outstanding resistance to high process temperatures, combined with corrosion resistance (chemical compatibility) and erosion caused by bath agitation.
- Electric Arc Furnace:
We offer products for all areas of the electric arc furnace: permanent lining, hearth, bank, metal line, slag line and upper wall. In addition, we produce various repairing and maintenance products, ensuring refractory campaign extension of the electric arc furnace. Our refractory products comply with the main process requirements, such as corrosion by slag, mechanical resistance to scrap impact, resistance to thermal shock, erosion and abrasion